1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
This Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to “Personal Information and other information we collect online.” Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. The categories of Personal Information that we collect include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, or phone numbers.
- Relationship Information that helps us understand your interests, including information about products, treatments, and health conditions that are of interest to you.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Impax, including purchases, inquiries, and information about how you use the Impax websites and applications.
- Financial Account Information, such as your credit card number or Social Security number, as needed to process payments and provide reimbursement services.
- Geo-location Information, as may be transmitted to us by your smart phone or other location-aware devices.
- Job Applicant Information, to process your job application, such as your Contact Information, resume, previous work experience, education, transcript, driver’s license information, Social Security number or national identification number and information relating to references.
2. How Impax Collects Information
In many cases, we collect Personal Information directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Information when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, using any interactive features or applications, sign up to receive a newsletter or a rebate, make a direct purchase, or apply for employment. We may collect additional information from third party data suppliers who enhance our files or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you like our pages or join our communities.
When you use our mobile applications, we may collect Geo-location Information about the location of your mobile device. You may be able to manage your Location Services preferences through the settings of your mobile device.
3. How Impax Uses Personal Information
Impax may use your Personal Information for its business purposes, such as:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services, including managing your online accounts with us and providing warranty service for certain products;
- To provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- To provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services;
- To administer promotional programs, such as sweepstakes, rewards, and rebate programs;
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services, or programs;
- If you have a business or professional relationship with Impax, to develop our business relationship with you;
- If you apply for a job via our career center, to consider you for employment;
- For our research and development efforts;
- To anonymize data so that it is no longer Personal Information;
- To detect, prevent, or respond to intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms and Conditions and violations of law, to protect our rights or those of our users or customers, or to detect, prevent or respond to fraud or other misuse of our websites, apps or services;
- For product safety, such as adverse event reporting or to communicate product safety information to you; and
- For other everyday business purposes, such as:
- payment processing and financial account management;
- product development, including the improvement our website and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs, interests, and preferences;
- to generate and analyze statistics about your use of our services; and
- for legal compliance.
4. Why Personal Information Is Disclosed by Impax
Except as disclosed in this policy, Impax does not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- We may share your Personal Information with your consent or as you direct. For example, we may share information with your doctor as part of programs in which you agree to participate.
- We may share your Personal Information with our affiliated companies and product co-promotion partners, which may only use your Personal Information for the purposes listed herein.
- We may share your Personal Information with our service providers, who are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and only use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions. For example, we may share your Personal Information with vendors who provide data processing or fulfillment services for us.
- We may also disclose Personal Information as appropriate to effect the sale or transfer of business assets, to investigate legal issues, enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance, including government reporting obligations, and corporate governance functions.
- We may also disclose Personal Information when requested under legal process, such as in response to a subpoena, including to law enforcement agencies and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate.
- We may also disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to detect, prevent, or respond to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of our Terms and Conditions, violations of law, or other misuse of our website or services;
- Please note that we may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may publish reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our customers. These reports do not contain information that would reasonably enable the recipient to contact, locate, or identify you.
5. Disclosure to Subsequent Owner or Operator
If all or part of Impax or its assets is sold or merged into another entity, the information we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. We will try to ensure that information that is transferred will be used or shared in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement unless we obtain your consent. However, in the event of a sale or merger, your continued use of this site signifies your consent to be bound by the privacy statement and other applicable terms of the subsequent owner or operator.
6. Consent to Processing in the United States and Elsewhere
This site is owned and operated by Impax in the United States, but the information you provide may be provided or made accessible to our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers in other countries for our legitimate business activities. Furthermore, if you are visiting this site from a country other than the United States, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. The level of legal protection for personal information is not the same in all countries and may not be the same in the United States as your home country. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your information in the United States and in any country to which we may transfer your information in the course of our business operations.
7. Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we collect certain information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs, and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
Impax uses Flash Cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects), Microsoft Silverlight and similar technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience. The Adobe Flash Player is an application that allows rapid development of dynamic content, such as video clips and animation. Flash cookies (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences, and usage similar to browser cookies, but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. To manage Flash cookies, please see Adobe’s website at http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/526/52697ee8.html or visit www.adobe.com. To manage Silverlight cookies, see Microsoft’s privacy statement at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/get-started/install/privacy.aspx or visit www.microsoft.com
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information about the device you use to access our website our online service, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to Impax and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Information. For example, we use information we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Information. This Privacy Statement governs how we use this information when we associate it with your Personal Information.
Impax has relationships with third party advertising companies to place advertisements on this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so that they can track your activity over time and across websites and online services to display targeted advertisements to you. However, this Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these vendors. For more information about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org.
8. Social Media Plugins
This website may use social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, “Share to Twitter” button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our website, app or other online service, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site or app. If you are logged into the social media service (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) while browsing on our website, app or other online service, the social plugins allow that social media service to share information about your activities on our website, app or other online service with other users of their social media service. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website or app. Impax does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media services you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
9. Do-Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Websites linked to this Privacy Statement do not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
10. Tell-A-Friend Functions
Impax offers “tell-a-friend” functionality on some of our websites. If you choose to use this function, we will collect Contact Information for your friend. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email with the information you specified or inviting him or her to visit the site. Impax uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and does not retain the information.
11. Your Choices
You can limit the communications that Impax sends to you by following a simple opt-out process. Simply follow the instructions in our emails to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications.
Please note that even if you opt out of promotional emails, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt out of emails, we will still send you a confirmation when you purchase something from our website as well as product safety communications.
You also have some control over the information you provide to Impax. For example, you can manage cookie preferences and opt out of having cookies and other data collection technologies used by adjusting the settings on your web browser. All browsers are different, so visit the help section of your browser to learn about cookie preferences and other privacy settings that may be available.
You can opt out of being targeted by those third party advertising companies that are NAI members online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
12. Access and Correction
Impax respects your right to access and correct your Personal Information. You may update the Personal Information you provided when registering with us (e.g., name, address, email address, phone number) at any time by contacting us via email at ImpaxPrivacy@impaxlabs.com, or directly by logging into your online account, should you have one. You can also write us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and detailed information about the change you would like to make.
13. Information Security
Impax has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your Personal Information from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to our website over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
14. Privacy Policies of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Impax. We may provide links to outside websites or advertisements for third parties that have their own privacy policies and data collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our independent dealers, suppliers, and business partners have their own privacy statements too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by all third parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by such third parties that are not under our control.
15. Children’s Privacy
The Impax website and applications are not intended to attract children, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information of anyone under the age of 13. If you believe your child is using our website, please contact us at ImpaxPrivacy@impaxlabs.com so we can investigate and delete any such information.
16. Forums, Product Reviews, and Other Public Areas
Our websites may contain forums and other areas where you can publicly post product reviews, communicate with others, and submit media content. You have no privacy rights in public postings. All the information you post will be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any Personal Information you include in your posting may be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a product review, you may receive unsolicited messages. Please use caution when posting any Personal Information.
17. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will only use Personal Information in the manner described by the Privacy Statement in effect when the information was collected from you. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our site. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will either notify you or place a prominent notice on our website.
18. How to Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices, your privacy choices, or this Privacy Statement. You can always reach us online at ImpaxPrivacy@impaxlabs.com. You can reach us via mail at the address below. If you send us a letter, please provide your name, address, email address, and information about the communication that you do not want to receive.
Impax Laboratories, Inc.
Attention: Chief Compliance Officer
100 Somerset Corporate Boulevard
Bridgewater, NJ 08807 USA
If you have applied for employment with Impax, the Personal Information submitted with your job application will be used to process and consider your job application. Impax will not sell the information on your application to unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes. We may share the information on your applications with recruiters, consultants, attorneys, background services, and our affiliates. The information on your application may also be used for certain regulatory, compliance, and legal purposes, consistent with this Privacy Statement.
To the extent the Personal Information you provide contains details of your: racial or ethnic origin; political opinions or beliefs; religious beliefs; membership in a trade union or political party; physical or mental health condition; sexual life; commission (or alleged commission) of an offence or related proceedings; job evaluations or educational records; you expressly authorize Impax to handle such details for the purposes of your job application and for the other purposes described herein.
By submitting information to us online, you are sending it to the United States, where it will be subject to the protections afforded under U.S. laws that may be different from the laws in your country and which your country may consider not to provide adequate privacy protections. If you do not agree that your submission of your application information will be governed solely by United States law, Impax will not accept your application.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who are customers of Impax to request information once per calendar year regarding our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please email us at ImpaxPrivacy@impaxlabs.com, or write to:
Impax Laboratories, Inc.
Attention: Chief Compliance Officer
100 Somerset Corporate Boulevard
Bridgewater, NJ 08807 USA
Be sure to include your name and address. You can include your email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by law.
Social Security Number Protection Policy
Impax collects Social Security numbers and other sensitive Personal Information in the ordinary course of its business. Impax has implemented reasonable technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to help protect the Social Security numbers and other sensitive Personal Information from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure. All Impax workers are required to follow these established procedures, both online and offline. In particular:
- Access to Social Security numbers is limited to those workers and service providers who have a need to access the information to perform tasks for Impax. Social Security numbers are only disclosed to third parties in accordance with Impax’s established Privacy Statement.
- We will only disclose Social Security numbers (i) to those service providers, auditors, advisors, and/or successors in interest who are legally or contractually obligated to protect them, or (ii) as required or permitted by law.
Other Terms: Your use of this website is subject to additional terms set forth in the Legal Notices section of our website.
Effective Date: May 11, 2017