Experience Is Our Strength
At Impax Laboratories we have created a strong platform for growth built on a broad base of drug delivery expertise, formulation technology and experience in product development.
Impax Generics Division has a wealth of experience and a track record of product approvals. Investing in our people is a key ingredient to our success and a benefit in building a strong organization.
Within our Generics Division:
- As of February 6, 2015, we marketed 96 generic pharmaceutical products representing dosage variations of 29 different pharmaceutical compounds through our Generics Division, and 5 other generic pharmaceutical products, representing dosage variations of two different pharmaceutical compounds, through our alliance and collaboration agreement partners.
- 21 products pending at the FDA
- 21 products under development
In our Specialty Pharma Division we have assembled a strong research and development team with the direct collective experience of 18 approved New Drug Applications (NDA). They are applying our formulation expertise to develop differentiated, modified, or controlled-release versions of currently marketed drug products focused on significant unmet needs in the Central Nervous System (CNS) market.
Within our Specialty Pharma Division, we market:
- RYTARY® (Carbidopa and Levodopa) Extended-Release Capsules is for the treatment of Parkinson's disease, post-encephalitic parkinsonism, and parkinsonism that may follow carbon monoxide intoxication and/or manganese intoxication. RYTARY is not for use in patients using nonselective monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO) inhibitors. For complete safety and full prescribing information for RYTARY, go to www.rytary.com.
- In February 2012, we licensed from AstraZeneca the exclusive U.S. commercial rights to Zomig® (zolmitriptan) tablet, orally disintegrating tablet (ODT), and nasal spray formulations pursuant to the terms of the AZ Agreement, and began sales of the Zomig® products under our label through our specialty sales force. As of May 2013, the specialty sales force has focused on the nasal spray following loss of exclusivity on the Zomig® tablet and ODT product. Zomig® and Zomig-ZMT® are registered trademarks of the AstraZeneca group of companies and are exclusively licensed in the U.S. to Impax in connection with Impax's commercialization of Zomig®. For more information about Zomig®, go to zomig.com.